My Journey of Faith

Welcome to one of the My Journey of Faith blogs. My name is Merrilee and this page is where you can get to know me, post questions on Christian issues and share your experiences in Christ. There are others like me that want to share their own personal journeys of faith. Click on the names at the left to meet the others or click on this link for the main page:

http://myjourneyoffaith.com

Thank you for stopping by to visit. Don't forget to post a comment.

Meet Merrilee

My name is Merrilee and I am a thirty-year-old stay-at-home mom. I am married to an amazing man and have two great kids. My family and I have just moved to a town where my husband has just taken his first pastorate. We are excited to see what the Lord brings in and out of our lives over this next stage of life. The opportunity to be involved in this new ministry is one of the many blessings He has already bestowed on me. I would like you to join me on this journey of faith and life. I feel the Lord has formed a special place in my heart for mothers of young children. That may just be because I am one of them. So my site will relate generally to how we as mothers of little ones have time to live out this faith that has been graciously given to us.

‘But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today,’ Hebrews 3:13

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A pure heart...

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Psalm 51:10-12
This was a psalm of David after he committed adultery with Bathsheba. This morning as I was reading this I was comforted that the Lord wants to do these things for me, renew me, give me joy and on and on. There are so many times I get caught up in trying to be a good mom and wife that I forget that the thing that is going to help me accomplish those the best is my time spent with my father. In the busyness of my day as I am chasing my kid as he is trying to squirt water down the dog's nose. My prayer will be to restore the joy and stain me! Thank you precious father for not forsaking me as I so often forsake you.

No comments:

Post a Comment